5 May 2010

The Gallery - A picture of the world I live in...

The theme for The Gallery at Sticky Fingers this week is 'Paint a picture of the world we live in'. The hidden parts, places other people wouldn't see. The problem I have is that most people recognise Brighton, it has a distinctive style and a fair few instantly recognisable landmarks.
So I thought I would take you on a virtual 'open-top bus trip'. Just to give you a slightly different perspective. These photos are about 4 years old and not of the greatest quality as they were taken on my phone when I took TD on a long promised trip round her home town.

The first two shots are along the seafront, and what was left of the burnt out, collapsing old West Pier...

The next you may not recognise, but it's very pretty...
It's the Victorian built train station. If you look you can see Brightonians are all fairly good at cycling...
 The next is down toward the Old Steine, and The Pavillion...
  ...passing the Clock tower...

This is an image most people will recognise, but maybe not from this angle, The Pavillion, and yes, 'I'm on the bus'.
I LOVE this street. It's only round the corner from our house, but it's on the bus route. Although it's called Blaker St, a lot of people call it Rainbow Rd. Every house is painted a different colour. Very cheerful...

Next on the trip is the marina. Which could possibly end up a little boring with just a load of boats. Not that I have anything against boats, it's just that's exactly what you'd expect, isn't it? Instead I took a shot of the roundabout. This was during The Brighton Festival. It  caused many a giggle on the way to Asda, which is just to the left of the roundabout, and possibly a few collisions!

And finally, I'm going to share our family's closely guarded secret (so it fits Tara's theme) 'eating place' in Brighton. This isn't on the bus route, I just love the photo!.  A pub in a narrow little 'hidden' street, just off the seafront. It serves the most mouth watering pub food, all organic, all locally sourced and the menu takes half an hour to read...so much scrumptious choice. We've had many lovely, various family lunches there. And a local artist makes 'sculptures' from car trims; hub caps and so on. This is hanging on a wall in the patio area...

blog comments powered by Disqus